About this Series
The Integrative Health Journal Club and Seminar Series is a collaboration between the UCSD Center of Excellence for Research and Training in Integrative Health (CERT-IH), the UCSD Center for Integrative Medicine (CIM), and the Consciousness and Healing Initiative (CHI) that offers a forum for academics, researchers, clinicians, students, and community members to discuss empirical scientific findings and theoretical frameworks in the field of complementary and integrative medicine (IM). We will accomplish this through monthly meetings that focus either on recent peer-reviewed literature in IM, or by providing an opportunity for researchers and practitioners in IM to share their expertise and dialogue with group members.
Series Events – Mark Your Calendars!
Last Tuesday of every month at 4 PM
Note: The schedule alternates between a Journal Club meeting and Speaker presentation.
- Tuesday, June 27, 2017 – Psychedelic Medicine: Illuminating the Intersection between Biology, Emotion and Spirituality with Dr. Joe Tafur
- Tuesday, July 25, 2017 – Journal Club
- Tuesday, September 26, 2017 – Does Placebo = HEAL? Reframing Placebo in Science and Healthcare with Dr. Shamini Jain
- Tuesday, November 28, 2017 – Yoga for Chronic Low Back Pain with Dr. Erik Groessl (Learn More and RSVP here)
- Tuesday, January 30, 2018 – Happiness and Health with Dr. Sarah Pressman (University of California Irvine)
- More dates to be posted soon!
Questions? Please contact the chair of the Integrative Health Journal Club and Speaker Series, Jordan Kohn, PhD.
The speaker events are typically broadcast live so make sure to like CHI and tune in.