Subtle Energy & Biofield Healing: Evidence, Practice, & Future Directions
Welcome and Thank you for visiting the Subtle Energy and Biofield Healing Systems Mapping Project!
Our focus is to more effectively alleviate human suffering through the uptake of evidence-based healing practices. We have taken a systems change approach to identify the key levers of change that will help foster greater scientific understanding and practical uptake of biofield healing therapies. Our Systems Change Map visually describes the key domains in the subtle energy and biofield healing system and how fostering connections between domains could lead to increased use of evidence-based subtle energy and biofield healing modalities.
Please see below for the executive summary, report, and other great resources including free infographics and databases on the science and practice of healing! Click on the social links on the left to share these great reports and resources with others! Thank you!
Subtle Energy & Biofield Healing Report
In this comprehensive report, we describe the current state of progress, constituents/stakeholders, and future directions in several key subtle energy and biofield healing domains. We also propose a Roadmap and Action Plan for advancing the field of subtle energy and biofield healing.
To create these, we have:
- reviewed the work of over 400 existing researchers in prominent universities and research institutions in the US and worldwide, who have conducted and/or are keenly interested in biofield science
- identified over 225 research organizations worldwide and over 125 healing organizations within the United States
- assembled a library of ~ 6,200 publications in subtle energy and biofield healing
- more thoroughly reviewed and mapped a subset of 396 clinical studies of subtle energy and biofield healing modalities, which focus on effects of subtle energy and biofield healing modalities on health conditions
- compiled a database over 280 biofield devices that are currently in use and being marketed to the public
- convened an invitational Systems Mapping meeting July 17th, 2019 with 22 stakeholders to review progress, identify gaps and next steps, and co-create strategies for systems change based on the databases created and survey results
Our overarching goal is to advance scientific understanding and increase acceptance of evidence-based subtle energy and biofield healing modalities as healthcare options. We welcome your feedback, ideas for corrections, additions, or edits to these reports and resources, and opportunities for collaboration. Please contact us here.
Supported by The Walker Family Foundation, the Emerald Gate Foundation, and Tom Dingledine
Subtle Energy and Biofield Healing Report Resources
- Subtle Energy & Biofield Healing Publications Library – This is a large database of systematically selected subtle energy and biofield healing and science publications. For inclusion criteria, please see our Search String and Screening Rulebook.
- Subtle Energy and Biofield Healing Clinical Studies Database – This is a database of systematically selected clinical studies of subtle energy and biofield therapies.
- Peer-Reviewed Clinical Studies of Biofield Therapies Landscape Map – This is a bubble-style data-visualization showing the systematically selected peer-reviewed clinical studies of biofield therapies, with basic information about each study. Note: Studies were not evaluated for strength of evidence or quality but were included based on relevance of topic.
- Subtle Energy & Biofield Healing Network Map – This is a geographical map that can be filtered to show selected subtle energy and biofield healing research centers, healing organizations, educational organizations, universities, technology organizations, healing practitioner training organizations, communications organizations, hospitals or clinics, and policy organizations. Please contact us to suggest adding, removing, or editing entries.
- Healers Survey – This is the survey we used to obtain perspectives and recommendations from selected subtle energy and biofield healers. If you are currently working as a subtle energy or biofield healer, we welcome you to complete the survey.
- Researchers Survey – This is the survey we used to obtain perspectives and recommendations from selected subtle energy and biofield researchers. If you are currently working as a subtle energy or biofield researcher, we welcome you to complete the survey.
- Subtle Energy & Biofield Healing Publications Library – Search String and Screening Rulebook – 1.22.20 – These are the search strings and inclusion/exclusion criteria for the publications in the Subtle Energy and Biofield Healing Publications Library.
- Systems Mapping for Healing Evolution July 17, 2019 Invitational Meeting Summary – This is a summary of a key stakeholder meeting held in Summer 2019.
Institute of Noetic Sciences: Brief Reviews of Subtle Energy and Biofield Healing Modalities – Updated as of 2015
JOIN OUR COMMUNITY
You can join our community in two ways! Join us as a CHI Subscriber (it’s free!) and receive our newsletter, which will provide you with key science-based and practical information on consciousness and healing, as well as information about upcoming events from the CHI network.
BECOME A CONTRIBUTOR
You can also join us as a Contributor for just $9/month ($108 annual), and receive discounts on CHI and CHI network events, special access to educational materials (such as slide sets for presentations), and interact with other Contributors through an exclusive collaborative action e-forum. Your contribution allows us to continue to share important information and inspiration with you and others through our website!
SUPPORT THE MOVEMENT
You can support our efforts by making a tax-deductible contribution to CHI. We are an established 501(c)(3) non-profit organization - EIN/TaxID Number: 82-3567961. Every donation dollar goes straight to CHI efforts that allow us to provide resources to you.